Become a Student Member!
See what we offer to students from undergraduates to postgraduates, and join our community of the most dedicated, diverse, and fun group of scientists working together to enhance wildlife health and conservation.
The same as a regular member but at a lower cost with special student-only opportunities!!
- Online access to the Journal of Wildlife Diseases plus BioOne Complete (a database of more than 200 high-quality titles in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences).
- The latest wildlife health news, announcements, job postings as well as training and educational opportunities direct to your inbox each week.
- Quarterly Newsletter with recent research findings and news from WDA members
- Active Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter community.
- Members only virtual content including WDA YouTube channel, Vimeo, or webinars about wildlife Health and conservation topics
- Multiple annual monetary awards for students, including a research recognition and scholarship award.
- Access to annual research grant opportunities from WDA parent or sections as well as a crowdfunding challenge grant.
Get involved and gain experiences in wildlife health
- Join a WDA student Chapter at your University or within your geographic section
- Annual grants available to support Student Chapter activities (Seed Grant and Blossom Grant)
- Student only workshops and conferences
- Mentorship opportunities
- Student webinar series
- Monthly section Student Chapter webinars
- Participate in Student Activities Committee
Attend a WDA Conference to learn and network
- Reduced conference registration fees
- A full day is dedicated to highlighting student research through oral presentations and poster sessions just for students
- Present your research and compete for student presentation awards and poster awards.
- Participate in student-focused workshops
- Meet other students and connect with wildlife health professionals from around the world
- Attend a Student-Mentor Mixer
- Travel grants available to students
Fund and Publish your Work
- Annual grant opportunities from WDA to fund wildlife health research, including a crowd-sourced funding challenge
- Publish in the Journal of Wildlife Diseases with reduced page charges for WDA members
Awards and Recognition
- Multiple, annual competitive awards for students (with monetary prizes), including a research recognition and academic scholarship award.
- Award for the best aquatic animal manuscript published in the Journal of Wildlife Diseases offered jointly with the International Association for Aquatic Animal Medicine
- BioOne Ambassador Award competition for early career researchers with an article published in the Journal of Wildlife Diseases who effectively communicate the importance and impact of their research to the public.
Membership Cost and Criteria
- $40 annually (less than half the cost of a regular membership)
- Criteria for student membership, click HERE for a fillable PDF