2018 Wildlife Veterinary Section Candidates
Wildlife Veterinary Section Travel Award for Wildlife Disease Association Annual Meeting
Purpose: to provide travel support ($500 US) for a wildlife professional from a less financially advantaged country with the aim of increasing global participation at the annual meeting and providing opportunities for professionals from developing countries. Please see the document at the link below for the details on qualification and documentation needed.
Please submit the following documentation to the Wildlife Veterinary Section Chairperson (NEW: email@example.com) by May 10th, 2018.
1) Submission of application form.
2) Copy of the notification of acceptance to WDA Annual meeting of the abstract.
3) Copy of the abstract.
4) Resume or curriculum vitae.
5) Cover letter indicating describing the need for the travel grant and how the individual will benefit professionally from being able to attend the meeting.
6) YOU WILL RECEIVE A REPLY FROM THE CHAIRPERSON, IF YOU DID NOT, PLEASE CHECK THE ADDRESS AND RESEND YOUR PACKET.
Application process and form
Thank you to the following members for their additional donations in support of the section:
Updated WVS ByLaws
LinkedIn Group for Wildlife Veterinary Section - WDA
Join, post, ask questions, provide opinions, … etc
Starting thinking of items for the next newsletter:
If you’d like to provide wildlife veterinary-related stories and/or pictures for the next newsletter, please send items to our Newsletter Editor, Dr. Nina Schoch AdkWildVet@verizon.net
In particular, we’re looking for some good photos of:
• wildlife veterinarians/wildlife veterinary professional working on animals,
• an interesting wildlife disease case,
• and a “ID this disease” cases.
• anything else you think might be of interest to WVS members.